- Evidence of Participants and Eye witness accounts (Oral History) at Profile of Bengal
- Witnesses of Bangladesh Genocide 1971
* The Black Night of March 25 – Professor Rafiqul Islam of Dhaka University
* Bangladesh Liberation War: A Personal Diary – Dr. Abdul Momen
* An eye witness to surrender – Mazher Saeed, Pakistani naval officer
* Extract from Record of the U.S. Senate containing letter dated April 17, 1971 to Senator William B. Saxbe – from Dr. John E. Rohde, a physician evacuated from East Pakistan
* Major General (retired) H S Kler, a former army commander of Indian Armed Forces during the Bangladesh Liberation war, was present at the historic surrender ceremony in Dhaka on 16 December, 1971. He recollects Bangladesh Liberation War in an interview with Voice of America.
* Major Rudra – Liberation war on Bangladesh – Fallen Hero on both sides
* Remembering 25th March: Darkest Night of Our National History (Part I) – Professor Ajoy K. Roy
* April 1971: ‘Recalling Massacres of Those Days in Faridpur‘ – Rabindranath Trivedi
* Rape of Bengal: Humanity’s Darkest Hour – Dr. Ahmed Makhdoom
Personal account of victims of torture:
* From Rounaq Jahan [Eyewitness Accounts: Genocide in Bangladesh]
* Eyewitness account: Inhuman torture of Bengali women in Pakistani camp
* My Story: Shahzaman Mazumder, Bir Protik’s personal experience as a member of the Mukti Bahini in 1971.
* Prottakhho Drashir Chokhe Muktijouddho (Eye Witness Reports of the War of Liberation) -Edited by Haroon Habib and published by Abdul Kadir Khan, Nawroaze Kitabistan
* The Betrayal of East Pakistan -Lt. Gen. A. A. K. Niazi (Excerpts)
* Witness To Surrender – Siddiq Salik (Excerpts)
*Massacre – Robert Payne (Excerpts)
* Eyewitness and Participant Accounts of Bangladesh War of Liberation in Kasba -Muyeedul Hasan, Sukumar Biswas and Nurul Islam (Dhaka, University Press, 1999)
* Eyewitness and Participant Accounts of Bangladesh War of Liberation in Barisal -Muyeedul Hasan, Sukumar Biswas and Nurul Islam (Dhaka, Mowla Brothers, 2003)
* Eyewitness and Participant Accounts of Bangladesh War of Liberation in Kulna an Chuadanga -Sukumar Biswas (Dhaka, Mowla Brothers, 2005)
* Eyewitness and Participant Accounts of Bangladesh War of Liberation in Rajshahi -Sukumar Biswas (Dhaka, Mowla Brothers, 2006)
* Narir 71 O Juddha Porobarti Kathya Kahini- Ain o Salish Kendra (Ask) 2001 : Oral history of 19 women’s experiences of violence during Bangladesh’s war of liberation in 1971. They narrate their memories of the violence of rape, widowhood, dislocation.
* Smriti o Kotha-1971 – Ain o Salish Kendra (Ask) 1999: This memoir by Anjali Lahiri narrates her experiences of working in the refugee camps along the Meghalaya-Sylhet border.
- O, Thou Vile Generals, Give Me My Father! – Saleem R. Noor
- A Tribute to My Father – Dr. Peter D’Costa, B.H. – Jerome D’Costa
- Naibuddin Ahmed: A photographer looks back at 1971
When one of the photographs was published in the Washington Post, the Pak intelligence went mad. The photograph damaged the occupying force’s claim of “normalcy” as it exposed the general atmosphere of terror that prevailed everywhere. The international community was already outraged by the news of genocide.
* Maj (Retd) Mumtaz Hussain Shah gives a first hand account of the battle of Sylhet Fortress November -December 1971
* 1972 visit to war torn Bangladesh -Prakash Subbarao